Madhuri Dixit Net Worth
We sure love our actresses. Madhuri Dixit is no exception. As an Actress, Hindi cinema actress, Dancer from Mumbai, Maharashtra state, India. Born on May 15, 1967 into the family of Shankar Dixit, Snehlata Dixit, Ek Do Teen, Akhiyaan Milaoon Kabhi, Badi Mushkil Rupa Dixit, Ajit Dixit, Bharati Dixit, Ek Do Teen, Akhiyaan Milaoon Kabhi, Badi Mushkil, this Indian woman is famous for her many roles on large and small movies as well as TV. Standing at 5′ 4″ (1.63 m), Madhuri Dixit studied and graduated from Divine Child High School, Mumbai University, Mumbai’s Parle College. The actress’ family is comprised of her spouse Sriram Madhav Nene (m. 1999), kids Raayan Nene, Arin Nene. As most of famous actresses, Madhuri Dixit has amassed a large net worth with a lot of money under her name. Successful box office hits and terrific performances on the small and large screen have earned this woman tons of accolades and recognition across the board. So, what about numbers? Her net worth is calculated to be $35 Million.
Read more about Madhuri Dixit Biography
Dixit grew up in Mumbai, along with her three siblings, where she attended Divine Child High School. She later enrolled in Mumbai’s Parle College to study microbiology.
She made her acting debut with the 1984 film “Abodh”; after several box office failures, she was given a lead role in the 1988 film “Tezaab”, which became extremely successful and earned Dixit rave reviews and widespread recognition, both for her acting and her dancing performance. She also scored box office hits with the 1989 films “Ram Lakhan”, “Tridev” and “Parinda”, which greatly contributed to her net worth and enabled her to establish herself as a recognized figure in the film industry.
Since then, Dixit has been involved in a number of successful projects. Her early ‘90s films “Dil”, “Kishen Kanhaiya”, “Saajan” and “Beta”, all achieved great commercial success, and earned her critical acclaim – she became famously known as the ‘Dhak Dhak Girl’ for her famed dance performance in “Beta”. Her other notable roles of the ‘90s were in the films “Khalnayak”, “Anjaam”, and “Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!”, the latter becoming the highest grossing Bollywood film in Hindi cinema history, reinforcing Dixit’s place in stardom and boosting her wealth. She went on to land numerous successful roles through the ‘90s, such as in “Raja”, “Yaraana”, “Mrityudand” and ” Dil To Pagal Hai”.
Dixit remained a star of the big screen during the next decade as well, appearing in films such as “Pukar”, “Gaja Gamini”, “Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke” and “Lajja”. She starred in the 2002 “Devdas”, a multi-award-winning film included in Time magazine’s “10 Best Films of the Millennium” list, and a huge box office success with revenues of over $7.9 million. All contributed to her net worth.
After “Devdas”, the actress moved to the USA, and took a five-year break from Bollywood. She came back in 2006 to star in the dance film “Aaja Nachle”, after which she took another break, returning to her life in the USA. Seven years later, she came back to India and starred in the 2014 films “Dedh Ishqiya” and “Gulaab Gang”, proving that she was still capable of giving the audience animpressive performance, both in acting and in dancing.
Dixit’s performances have earned her a number of nominations and awards. She has received the Filmfare Award nomination for Best Actress a record 14 times, winning four of them, plus two for Best Supporting Actress. She was also awarded the prestigious Padma Shri award by the Government of India.
Aside from films, Dixit has also appeared in television shows such as the “Paying Guest”, “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, “Koffee with Karan”, “Nach Baliye” and “Indias Got Talent”, and in the dance show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” in which served as a talent judge for four seasons.
She has also performed in several stage productions, including the 2008 “Unforgettable World Tour” and the 2013 “Temptation Reloaded”.
The actress also owns her own on-line dance academy called “Dance With Madhuri”.
When it comes to her personal life, Dixit has been married to American cardiovascular surgeon Dr. Shriram Madhav Nene since 1999, with whom she has two children.
The actress is a devoted philanthropist – she has held live performances in various fund-raising events and has interacted with orphanage children as well as with children suffering from cancer. She has donated ₹ 5,000,000 to the victims of Gujarat earthquake and to an orphanage in Pune. Dixit is a Goodwill Ambassador and a patron for the charity organization for the conservation of endangered animal species called “Emeralds for Elephants”, and a Goodwill Ambassador Advocate for child and equal woman’s rights.
- Full Name: Madhuri Dixit
- Net Worth: $35 Million
- Date Of Birth: May 15, 1967
- Place Of Birth: Mumbai, Maharashtra state, India
- Height: 5′ 4″ (1.63 m)
- Profession: Actress, Hindi cinema actress, Dancer
- Education: Divine Child High School, Mumbai University, Mumbai’s Parle College
- Nationality: Indian
- Spouse: Sriram Madhav Nene (m. 1999)
- Children: Raayan Nene, Arin Nene
- Parents: Shankar Dixit, Snehlata Dixit, Ek Do Teen, Akhiyaan Milaoon Kabhi, Badi Mushkil
- Siblings: Rupa Dixit, Ajit Dixit, Bharati Dixit, Ek Do Teen, Akhiyaan Milaoon Kabhi, Badi Mushkil
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MadhuriDixitNene
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MadhuriDixit
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/101273400745622282455
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/madhuridixitnene/
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002043
- Allmusic: www.allmusic.com/artist/madhuri-dixit-mn0000815134
- Awards: Filmfare Best Actress Award, Giants International Awards, Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) – IFFLA Tribute (2008), India’s Top Movie Stars (2001), International Indian Film Academy Awards (2011), Kalabhinetri Awards (1997), Padma Shri (2008), Screen Awards
- Nominations: IIFA Award for Best Actress, IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress, Screen Award for Best Villain, Stardust Award for Best Actress in a Drama, Indian Telly Award for Best Judge Panel, BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Thriller Film – Female, Big Star Most Entertaining Jury/ Host (TV)- Non Ficti…
- Movies: Ram Lakhan (1989), Prem Pratigyaa (1989), Saajan (1991), Dil (1990), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Parinda (1989), Tezaab (2012), Khalnayak (1993), Dedh Ishqiya (2014)
- TV Shows: “Paying Guest”, “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, “Koffee with Karan”, “Nach Baliye”, “Indias Got Talent”, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”
- If someone has been bad to me, I believe in being good to that person. It’s my way of getting back. Because that person is going to feel guilty about it. [Interview with Jitendra Kothari, Movie (Magazine) June 1995]
- I hope I’m not sounding presumptuous or vain. but I think like Sridevi, I was another heroine who could break the barriers between the classes and the masses
- Starred in the shelved film, Anshu Prema Films,”Maha Paap”(1990).Starring Mithun Chakraborthy, Madhuri Dixit, Aditya Pancholi, Sumeet Saigal,Suparna,Sadashiv Amrapurkar,Shakti Kapoor,Paresh Rawal,Sanjay Bajaj. Music by Anand – Milind, Produced and Directed by Surendra Mohan Ahuja.
- Signed Vijay Anand’ s film Jana Na Dil Se Door co starring Dev Anand, Inder Kumar ( Who was replaced by Rajeshwar). She left the film before the shooting started. The film remains completed and unreleased.
- The only Hindi movie her husband Ram Nene ever watched was Amar Akbar Anthony.
- Starred in the shelved film ” Jagajjanani”. She was to play Santoshi Maa.Aishwarya was first offered the lead role but declined. The film was going to be dubbed in all Indian languages. Tabu was playing the role of Maydevi. This was in 2001.
- Aunt to upcoming actor Sheehan Dixit ( Cousin’s son).
- Mumbai, India: Judge on Jhalak Dikhlaja (Indian Dancing with the stars) [February 2011]
- Denver, Colorado [March 2002]
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 35, a son Arin Nene in March 2003. Child’s father is her husband, Shriram Madhav Nene.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 37, a son Raayan Nene on March 8, 2005. Child’s father is her husband, Shriram Madhav Nene.
- Actress with most Filmfare award nominations ever. She has been nominated 13 times.
- In early 2011, Madhuri declined the lead role in an Indian remake of ‘Freaky Friday’ which was to be helmed by former co-star Anil Kapoor and starring his daughter Sonam Kapoor. This came after criticism from fans who believed that the project was not ideal for Madhuri.
- Was awarded the National Citizen’s Award on August 25, 2001, in Delhi. This award recognizes excellence in various activities affecting national life.
- Was studying biology at Parle College, Mumbai, India.
- Hindi megastar.
|Dedh Ishqiya||2014||Begum Para|
|Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani||2013||Mohini|
|Aaja Nachle||2007||Dia Srivastav|
|Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam||2002||Radha|
|Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke||2001||Neha|
|Gaja Gamini||2000||Gaja Gamini / Sangita / Shakuntala / …|
|Gharwali Baharwali||1998||Special Appearance|
|The Death Sentence: Mrityu Dand||1997||Ketki|
|Dil To Pagal Hai||1997||Pooja|
|Mahaanta: The Film||1997||Jenny|
|Yaraana||1995||Lalita / Shikha / Kavita Krishnamurthy / …|
|Hum Aapke Hain Koun…!||1994||Nisha Choudhury|
|Aasoo Bane Angaarey||1993||Usha|
|Khal Nayak||1993||Ganga (Gangotri Devi)|
|Dil Tera Aashiq||1993||Sonia Khanna / Savitri|
|Prem Deewane||1992||Shivangi Mehra|
|Sangeet||1992||Nirmala / Sangeetha|
|Zindagi Ek Juaa||1992||Juhi Singh|
|Prahaar: The Final Attack||1991||Shirley|
|Khilaaf||1991||Sweta ‘Sonu’ R. Sangwan|
|Pyar Ka Devta||1990||Radha|
|Sailaab||1990||Dr. Sushma Malhotra|
|Jeevan Ek Sanghursh||1990||Madhu Sen|
|Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin||1990||Anita|
|Ram Lakhan||1989||Radha Shastri|
|Paap Ka Ant||1989||Jyoti|
|Kanoon Apna Apna||1989||Bharathi – Ramprasad’s daughter|
|Vardi||1989||Jaya ( Guest Appearance)|
|Satyavadi Raja Harishchandra||1989||Special Appearance|
|Khatron Ke Khiladi||1988||Kavita (as Madhuri)|
|Hifazat||1987||Janki (as Madhuri)|
|Paying Guest||1985||TV Series 1985|
|Bombay Meri Hai||1984||TV Series 1984|
|Aaja Nachle||2007||performer: “Soniye Mil Ja”|
|Devdas||2002/I||performer: “Kahe Chhed Mohe”|
|Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke||2001||performer: “Aaja Aaja”|
|Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani||2013||thanks|
|Comedy Nights with Kapil||2014||TV Series||Herself – Guest|
|14th International Indian Film Academy Awards||2013||TV Movie||Herself – Presenter: Female Debutant Star and Performer|
|The 1st Annual People’s Choice Awards||2012||TV Special||Herself – Performer|
|Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told||2011||Documentary||Herself|
|Koffee with Karan||2007||TV Series||Herself|
|Bollywood Queens Vol. 2||2006||Video||Herself|
|Kaun Banega Crorepati?||2001||TV Series|
|Bade Miyan Chote Miyan||1998||Herself (Special Appearance)|
|Clive James’ Postcard from…||1995||TV Series documentary||Herself|
|Rimjhim Geeton Ki||1986||Documentary||Herself|
|Koffee with Karan||2013||TV Series||Herself|