As rich as they come, people in business usually have the most wealth to brag about. Million-dollar houses, private jets and a variety of other premium things usually distinguish successful business people from the rest of us. However, some are more humble than other, but it’s not about perception and philosophy this time, but rather about Linus Torvalds. This 1.77 m tall Programmer, Scientist, Software Engineer is Finland. Born in unknown on the unknown, Linus Torvalds has emerged as a successful business person. Graduating University of Helsinki (1988–1996), this individual has received tons of awards and accolades for successes in various fields. Earning the nicknames of Linus Benedict Torvalds along the way Linus Torvalds was born into the family of Anna Torvalds, Nils Torvalds unknown. Nowadays, moving around the world and managing lots of business ventures has to be synchronised with personal time which is mostly occupied by business and Tove Torvalds Patricia Miranda Torvalds, Daniela Yolanda Torvalds, Celeste Amanda Torvalds. The total estimated net worth of Linus Torvalds is $150 Million.
Read more about Linus Torvalds Biography
The main source of Linus Torvalds’ net worth is information technology. Currently, it has been estimated that the net worth of Linus is as high as $150 million, while drawing a salary of $10 million per annum.
To start from the very beginning, Linus was born into the family of two journalists who named their son after the Nobel Prize winner, the famous chemist, Linus Pauling. In 1996, Torvalds graduated from the University of Helsinki having a Master’s degree in computer science (“Linux: A Portable Operating System” was the title of his thesis), though his studies were interrupted by mandatory military service in Finland. The first original examples of Linux were released during his studies at university.
In 1997, Linus agreed to the conditions offered by Linux Foundation and continued his work in 86open choosing the standard binary format for Unix and Linux. Soon, he was inducted into the top 100 innovators under age 35 by the MIT Technology Review TR100. After the creation of Torvalds’ was presented to public, the share value significantly jumped up, as well as the wealth of Linus. In 1999, Stockholm University honoured him with doctor status, and in 2000, Linus received the Lovelace Medal.
Linus was criticized somewhat for using BitKeeper software, so he has created the replacement for it and named it Git. At present, Linus Torvalds is allowed to pay attention to improving Linux as he is sponsored by Linux Foundation. It is worth mentioning that he is not alone in this work, as thousands of people are working on this, although Linus is in authority to decide whether the additional code will be embodied into Linux kernel or not. Linus Torvalds has been named the revolutionary hero by Time Magazine in 2006, and in 2012, Torvalds was inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame.
Linus Torvals is Finnish by nationality. In addition to this, he accepted American citizenship in 2010, and is able to vote in USA. In society he is seen as a famous and popular person on account of being invited to participate in the political life of USA, but has refused to participate in the activities of any political party.
Linus Torvalds is married to a karate champion, Tove Torvalds: they have been together since 1993. The family has three daughters, and the family residence is located in Dunthorpe, Oregon, USA.
- Full Name: Linus Torvalds
- Net Worth: $150 Million
- Salary: $10 million
- Date Of Birth: December 28, 1969
- Place Of Birth: Helsinki, Finland
- Height: 1.77 m
- Profession: Programmer, Scientist, Software Engineer
- Education: University of Helsinki (1988–1996)
- Nationality: Finland
- Spouse: Tove Torvalds
- Children: Patricia Miranda Torvalds, Daniela Yolanda Torvalds, Celeste Amanda Torvalds
- Parents: Anna Torvalds, Nils Torvalds
- Nicknames: Linus Benedict Torvalds
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/+LinusTorvalds
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1127735
- Awards: Millennium Technology Prize
- Turtles are very stable and have been around forever. But they have problems adapting. When humans came along, turtles came under serious threat. Biodiversity is good and I think it is good in technology as well.
- Left Transmeta for a Linux corporate software consortium, the Open Source Development Lab. [July 2003]
- The original author of the “Linux” kernel, released in 1991. He still co-ordinates the world-wide development effort for Linux.Linux is a kernel not an operating system.
||the producers wish to thank
|The 5 Keys to Mastery
|Click Online: Linus Torvalds
||Himself – Creator, Linux Kernel