Read more about Alton Brown Biography
To begin with, Alton Brown was raised in Georgia. He grew up in a Catholic household. His father, Alton Brown Sr., published the newspaper White County News, and owned radio station WRWH as well as worked as a media executive in Cleveland. The career of Brown Jr. began as the cinematographer for various music videos, one of those being the legendary R.E.M. hit “The One I Love” (1987). This was Alton Brown’s first significant source of net worth.
Since food shows were rating quite poorly in the USA, Brown decided that this was the particular sphere suitable for expressing himself. As he needed preparation, he graduated from the New England Culinary Institute and entered television. In 1999, he started his first cooking show on television named “Good Eats”. In the show Alton Brown explored techniques of cooking, advantages of cooking equipment as well as the history of different dishes. The show won the Food Journalism Award set up by James Beard Foundation (2000) and Peabody Award (2006). Later, he appeared in the television show “Iron Chef America: Battle of the Masters” (2004). Financially profitable were the series created, written, directed by Alton Brown “Feasting on Asphalt” and “Feasting on Waves” in which he was the main star of the series. The very idea of the series is to prepare food in unique places.
To add more, Brown was the host of the cooking competition series “Cut-throat Kitchen” (2013). In fact, the food shows added much revenue to the total size of Brown’s net worth. More, he has been honoured with a number of awards, including James Beard Foundation Award for the Best TV Food Personality. He was named the Cooking Teacher of the Year by Bob Appétit magazine (2004) and the Best Food Guru by Atlanta magazine (2005). So, cookery shows not only made him rich but also famous.
Furthermore, Alton Brown is known as the author of various cookery books. He debuted with the book named “I’m Just Here for the Food: Food + Heat = Cooking” (2002). Since then he has released ten more books, among which the most popular of which have been “Alton Brown’s Gear for Your Kitchen” (2003), “Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run” (2008) and “Good Eats 3: The Later Years” (2011). Releasing cookery books has also increased the net worth of Alton Brown.
In his personal life, Alton was married to DeAnna but the couple divorced in 2015. They have one daughter named Zoey. Alton Brown currently resides in Marietta, Georgia.
- Net Worth: $13 Million
- Date Of Birth: July 30, 1962
- Place Of Birth: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.816 m)
- Profession: TV chef, Chef, Actor, Author, TV Personality, Cinematographer, Commentator, Screenwriter, Television Director
- Nationality: United States of America
- Spouse: Deanna Brown (m. ?–2015)
- Children: Zoey Brown
- Parents: Alton Brown, Sr.
- Nicknames: Alton Crawford Walter Brown , AB , Chef Alton Brown , Alton Crawford Brown
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages$002FAlton$002DBrown$002F37908558111
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/altonbrown
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/+AltonBrown
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/altonbrown
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0113001