Read more about Amina Buddafly Biography
Amina was born into a very music oriented family and was influenced by her father, a hobby jazz musician as well as her mother, who was a fan of Motown music. At the young age of six, she joined a classical choir and started doing musicals and tours with a few gospel groups and pop acts. She eventually fell in love with song-writing and went on to form the group Black Buddafly which included her two sisters, Safietou “Jazz” Schmahl and Sophie Schmahl. They clinched a record deal with BMG Germany and released the single entitled “Choyce”. Eventually the group decided to move to New York to chase after their dreams, and in 2002, they were noticed by producer Orin Ennis and were subsequently signed by Def Jam Records. The group released two singles “Rock-A-Bye” and “Bad Girl ft. Fabolous”, but since the songs were only moderately successful, they were eventually released in 2007, and in 2008 they went to sign with MBK Records, only to part ways in 2010. They released two mix-tapes before going their separate ways.
Eventually, Amina became part of “Love & Hip Hop: New York”, and was cast alongside Tara Wallace and Erica Jean. The show follows several women involved in the hip hop scene whether as artists or as girlfriends/wives of rappers and hip hop musicians. In the show, she developed a relationship with rapper Peter Gunz which proved to be controversial, especially since he was living with long term partner Tara and their two sons. Of course the situation became one of the main focuses of the show, especially as Amina became pregnant with Peter’s child and the two soon married.
Aside from the information about a few of Amina’s exploits in her music career, not much is known about her personal life. She is married to Peter Gunz though the relationship remains the center of rumor and controversy. It has been reported that Peter is cheating on Amina with past girlfriend Tara Wallace and Tara has said that she is okay with the current situation. Aside from this, Amina spends most of her time writing songs and making music. She loves playing the piano and enjoys learning the ins and outs of music production.
- Net Worth: $300,000
- Date Of Birth: 18 April 1983,
- Place Of Birth: Hamburg Germany,
- Profession: R&B singer and reality television personality, songwriter and producer,
- Nationality: German,
- Spouse: Peter Gunz, Peter Gunz
- Children: Cori Gunz, Bronx Gunz, Never Gonna Be Alone, I Have Nothing, The Real Me, Cori Gunz, Bronx Gunz, Don’t Wanna Be Right, Never Gonna Be Alone, Your Love Is Poison
- Siblings: Safietou Schmahl, Sophie Schmahl, Never Gonna Be Alone, I Have Nothing, The Real Me, Safietou Schmahl, Sophie Schmahl, Don’t Wanna Be Right, Never Gonna Be Alone, Your Love Is Poison
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamAmina
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Aminabuddafly
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aminabuddafly
- IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm6622878
- Music Groups: Black Buddafly, Black Buddafly
||writer: “Bad Girl” – as Aminata Schmahl
|Love and Hip Hop