Read more about Camila Cabello Biography
Cabello’s family had lived in Mexico and Havana before migrating to the United States when Camila was six years old. She grew up in Miami, Florida and attended Miami Palmetto High School; she was quite an introvert and didn’t have many friends, as her classmates considered her quite awkward. Although being a dedicated student, she would eventually quit school to pursue her musical career.
In 2012 Cabello auditioned for “The X Factor” in North Carolina, the show’s second season, performing Aretha Franklin’s “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.”, but due to copyright issues her audition wasn’t aired. At the boot-camp stage she sang “Back to Black” by the late Amy Winehouse and Elton John’s “Your Song”, however, she was eliminated by the judges. Fortunately, they called her back to the stage and gave her a second chance as a member of Lylas, a new girl group formed by the judges Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato. The other four members of the group were Ally Brooke Hernandez, Normani Kordei, Dinah Jane Hansen and Lauren Jauregui, who had all previously auditioned as soloists. The girls later changed the group’s name to 1432. However, Cowell was critical of the new name, hence he announced that the group would be renamed by the viewers online, who eventually chose the name “Fifth Harmony”.
At the judges’ houses stage the group performed “Impossible” by Shontelle, with Camila performing a breathtaking solo which impressed both Cowell and the worldwide audience. In the semi-finals the group performed “Anything Could Happen” by Ellie Goulding and once again Shontelle’s “Impossible”. The former performance earned high praise, however, the judges were critical of the latter one, as the girls had already performed it earlier in the show. Nevertheless, public voting advanced them to the Top Three live show where they chose to perform Ellie Goulding’s “Anything Could Happen” as their “Song of the Series” choice. A duet with the judge Demi Lovato “Give Your Heart a Break” followed, and their final choice was “Let It Be” by The Beatles. However, by not receiving enough votes on the finale night, Fifth Harmony came in third place.
Although the group didn’t win the competition, the girls had Cowell’s support and they certainly made it far enough to start their career, and they signed a record deal with Cowell’s Syco Music, a $3 million contract with the label. Their debut EP “Better Together” was soon released with the lead single “Miss Movin On” being the highest charting single from a X Factor contestants; this considerably added to singers’ net worth. The girls also recorded the global anthem for Barbie “Anything Is Possible” and appeared in animated series “Barbie: Life In the Dreamhouse”. As a result of the long partnership with the Barbie brand, the girls have their own line of Barbie dolls.
Their debut studio album “Reflection” was released in 2015, with the singles “Boss”, “Sledgehammer” and “Worth It” having great success, leading the group to multiple tours and significantly increasing their wealth. They appeared on MTV’s series “Faking It” and also performed at two holiday events at the White House.
Cabello released her first single away from the group in 2015, a duet with the Canadian singer Shawn Mendes entitled “I Know What You Did Last Summer” that went Platinum and boosted Cabello’s wealth.
Early in 2016, it was announced that Fifth Harmony will be releasing their second studio album “7/27” in May. The lead single “Work from Home” was released in February.
Cabello prefers to keep it quiet when it comes to her personal life. Along with her group, she supports a number of charities focusing on youth empowerment and self-esteem. They also make various performances in order to raise money for donations or simply to entertain hospital patients.
- Full Name: Camila Cabello
- Net Worth: $1 Million
- Date Of Birth: 3 March, 1997
- Place Of Birth: Cojimar, Cuba
- Height: 1.57 m
- Profession: Singer, reality tv show personality
- Education: Miami Palmetto High School
- Nationality: American
- Parents: Sinuhe Cabello, Alejandro Cabello
- Siblings: Sofia Cabello
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Camila-Cabello-293161770894618
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CamilaCabello97
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Camila_Cabello
- IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm5305981
- Awards: MuchMusic Video Award for Pop Video of the Year, MuchMusic Video Award for Fan Fave Video, Work from Home, Worth It, Bad Things
- Music Groups: Fifth Harmony
- Nominations: MuchMusic Video Award for Video of the Year, Teen Choice Award for Choice Music – Break-Up Song, Premio Juventud for Favorite Hit – Music, Work from Home, Worth It, Bad Things
- Movies: Barbie: Life In the Dreamhouse, Anything Is Possible, Faking It
- TV Shows: The X Factor
- [M magazine-Stars’ confidence tips] You just need to say, “I look good right now!” Then it’ll start to reflect on how you feel.
- I think it’d be cool to do a duet with [Austin Mahone]. I always think when it’s a boy and girl duet, a ballad is the best. It’d like that “Just Give Me a Reason” song with Pink and Nate Ruess, where they kind of go back and forth.
- [My mom’s] taught me that no matter where you come from, if you work hard and are good to people, life will be good to you, too.
- [Austin Mahone and I] have known each other for a long time. He’s a really good guy.
- I am a daughter to a Cuban mother and a Mexican father. I remember being on the bus to go to my new home with my “Winnie the Pooh” journal, thinking I was going to Disney World. I was born in a country where the roads are almost as broken as the hope of the people. We left them with only the clothes on our backs to come to a land where we only knew the word ‘yes’ and ‘no.’ We built a new life from the ground up in hopes of getting opportunities to be the people we couldn’t be in our own country. My mom went to night to learn English. I didn’t speak any English when I came to Miami. I learned it through TV and cartoons. On my first of school, they asked me if I knew how to speak English. I don’t know if I misunderstood or was too embarrassed, but I said, ‘Yeah, I speak English.’ So I never actually took an ELL class, but I picked up English really easily. Today I got to hug and thank Barack Obama with tears in my eyes for everything he does in supporting immigration. I am a Cuban, Mexican, proud American citizen. I look behind me and I see my family – and the families to come – wiping the sweat off our brows, looking up, and thanking God that we made the choice to come here.
- Oh Normani, she’s such a honey, I want her to be my bunny!
- I take long showers, but I don’t sing. I just stare off into the universe.
- My must-have tour essentials are headphones, a book, and cold turkey. I LOVE cold turkey!
- The TCAs day is so surreal. Seeing literally everyone I’m obsessed with on the carpet and being a couple feet away from them and acting as if I weren’t having heart palpitations was just insane.
- No, I don’t! I don’t fart! Well… everybody farts.
- You can take my life, you can take my home, you can everything, just please not my friend plantains.
- All I do is sing karaoke and watch One Direction videos.
- Dinah’s the hardest to wake up. We have to literally punch her in the face. We have to kill her and wake her up.
- This is the thing with TV shows-I can’t watch them because I have no self-control. I’ll get addicted to them and I won’t sleep. I will become a zombie. I had Netflix one time, and I watched Gossip Girl for 24 hours straight!
- Before the X Factor, I didn’t really sing in front of people. I was like trapped in my room like a little hermit crab.
- One day I’m going to move to New York.
- Live by the harmless untruths that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy.
- Don’t let fear trick you into thinking life is anything but beautiful. Be brave and get hurt and get back up and find the guts to be brave again.
|Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse
||TV Series short
|American Music Awards 2015
|Teens Wanna Know
||TV Series documentary
||Guest – Fifth Harmony
|Radio Disney’s N.B.T.
|Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey
||Herself – Performer
|The X Factor
||Herself – Contestant