Read more about Dua Lipa Biography
Of Albanian parents who lived in Kosovo until the ‘90s when war broke out, and they moved to London. Dua’s father is one of the most prominent Albanian singers – Dukagjin Lipa – and young Dua grew up listening to his music. Inspired by her father’s success, Dua started chasing her own path in music by posting covers on YouTube of songs performed by Nelly Furtado and P!nk, among others. This was when she was 15 years old, but after being spotted by a talent agent, she was soon signed to a modeling agency.
However, Dua returned to her musical aspirations in 2015, when she signed a contract with the Warner Music Group. The same year, Dua released her debut single “New Love”, soon after followed “Be the One”, which became a smash hit across the Europe, topped the Belgian chart, and achieved platinum status in several countries, including Britain and Australia.
In 2016 she was on tour across Europe, and then returned to the studio and began working on her debut album. She released a couple more singles, including “Hotter than Hell”, and “New Rules”, the latter became her first and so far only No. 1 hit in the UK, but it closed a two-year gap since the last time a female artist topped the chart – Adele’s “Hello” in 2015.
Her debut album, “Dua Lipa”, was released in June 2017, and peaked at No. 4 on the UK chart, also achieving gold status in Britain, and Sweden, which increased her net worth to a large degree.
Since the release of her debut album, Dua has toured Europe, but also held 15 concerts in the US, in such cities as Detroit, Los Angeles, Houston, New York, Washington and Boston among others, which added a significant amount to her net worth.
Although primarily working as a solo act, Dua has also collaborated with several other musicians and singers, including Sean Paul, Martin Garrix and Miguel, which has also contributed to her net worth.
Thanks to her musical success, Dua has received a number of prestigious awards, including BBC Radio 1’s Teen Awards in the category Best Single for the song “New Rules”, and MTV Europe Music Awards in category Best New Act, among other differing honors.
Regarding her personal life, Dua is in a relationship with singer Paul Klein.
- Full Name: Dua Lipa
- Net Worth: $1 Million
- Date Of Birth: August 22, 1995
- Place Of Birth: London, England
- Height: 1.73 m
- Profession: Youtuber, singer, songwriter, model
- Education: Sylvia Young Theatre School
- Nationality: British
- Parents: Anesa Lipa, Dukagjin Lipa
- Partner: Paul Klein
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dualipaofficial
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dualipa
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dualipa/
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7645984/
- Allmusic: https://www.allmusic.com/artist/dua-lipa-mn0003426731
- Awards: EBBA Public Choice Award (2017), NME Awards – Best New Artist, Glamour Awards, UK Music Video Awards – Best Pop Video – UK, MTV Europe Music Awards – Best New Act (2017)
- Record Labels: Warner Music Group, Dua Lipa Limited, Vertigo, Capitol
- Albums: Dua Lipa (2017), The Only EP (2017), Live Acoustic EP, Be the One (Remixes) (2016)
- Nominations: CelebMix Awards, Urban Music Awards, BBC Music Awards, Brit Awards, BBC Radio 1’s Teen Awards, BAMA Music Awards, NME Awards – Best British Female Artist (2017)
- Movies: Dua Lipa: Thinkin ‘Bout You (2017), Dua Lipa Feat. Miguel: Lost in Your Light (2017), Dua Lipa: Last Dance (2016), Dua Lipa: Hotter Than Hell (2016), Dua Lipa: Blow Your Mind (2016)
- TV Shows: Film Discussions (2017), The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Sounds Like Friday Night (2017), Glastonbury 2017, See in Blue (2016, The Fader magazine)