Read more about Gigi Lazzarato Biography
Lazzarato was raised in Roman Catholic tradition and studied at St. Francis of Assisi School and subsequently attended Mississauga’s Iona Catholic Secondary School, after which she enrolled into George Brown College, where she studied fashion. Gigi was interested in fashion and beauty from an early age, and started her channel on YouTube covering the previously mentioned topics.
She uploaded her first video in August 2008, and presented it as Gregory Gorgeous, which was prior to her gender transition; the previously mentioned video has more than 1.1 million views as of today. She then uploaded a series of videos about her hair care in the upcoming period, and was the time when Gigi identified as a gay male. However, as we move forwards in her career, Lazzarato started uploading videos about other topics, such as her daily life, fashion, and lifestyle, enlarging her audience.
She continued working at a fast pace, and in January 2015 hit a huge milestone as her subscriber count hit a million people, and in addition, her videos at that time were viewed more than 130 million times overall. Gigi made a big step when she announced that she would create a reality television series based on YouTube and entitled ‘’ The Avenue’’. The series debuted in March 2011, and aired until April 2013, despite receiving a negative response from critics. Lazzarato also worked on other television projects, most importantly on ‘’Project Runway: All Stars’’ and ‘’Celebrity Style Story’’, appearing in 13 episodes of the latter. Gigi’s efforts were recognized as she received the LogoTV Trailblazing Social Creator Award for the efforts she made as an advocate of young LGBT people.
She remains one of the most important contemporary celebrities to address the issues of the LGBT youth and her transition story was featured in the film ‘’The Trans List’’. As of 2017, the documentary movie ‘’ This Is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous’’, based on her life was released, distributed by SelectNext. In addition to Gigi’s appearance in it, it also stars Cory Binney and Scott Fisher, and won two awards: the MTV Movie + TV Award for Best Documentary and the Critics’ Choice Documentary Award for Most Compelling Living Subject of a Documentary, in addition to earning two nominations.
Speaking about her acting projects, her most prominent roles have included as Amber in ‘’I Hate Myselfie’’ and its sequel ‘’I Hate Myselfie 2’’, both in 2015.
When it comes to Gigi’s private life, she had her gender transition surgery in 2013. She had identified as gay, later on as a bisexual and most importantly, identifies as a lesbian as of today. She is now dating Natalia Williams, the heiress of the Getty family.
- Full Name: Gigi Gorgeous
- Net Worth: $2 million
- Date Of Birth: April 20, 1992
- Place Of Birth: Montreal, Quebec Canada
- Height: 1.75 m
- Profession: Canadian internet personality
- Education: George Brown College
- Nationality: Canadian
- Parents: David Lazzarato, Judith Belding Lazzarato
- Siblings: Adam Lazzarato, Cory Lazzarato
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GigiGorgeous
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thegigigorgeous
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gigigorgeous/
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5949569/
- Nominations: Shorty Award for YouTuber of the Year, Shorty Award for YouTuber of the Year
- Movies: This Is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous
- It might be surprising to people that I am friends with many straight people. I tend to stay away from girls somewhat because I feel like there’s so much baggage and drama attached to them.
- I would think that the worst impression I get from straight guys are ones that are insecure about themselves and can’t handle someone who looks, acts, and talks like me. They feel like they have to distance themselves from me.
- Very confident, grounded straight guys – they love me
- When it comes down to it, I like personality. I like humor. Humour is huge.
|I Hate Myselfie 2
|I Hate Myselfie
|Celebrity Style Story
||Herself / Herself (as Gigi Gorgeous) / Herself (as Gregory Gorgeous)
|2015 MTV Video Music Awards
||Herself – Presenter (as Gigi Gorgeous)
||Herself – Guest
|Project Runway All Stars
||Herself – Blogger