Read more about J. Holiday Biography
Holiday’s father died early, and so he was raised by his mother alone, who helped him with his education. During a showcase night at his local high school, he was able to display his singing prowess, which inspired him to listen to artists such as Tupac Shakur, Marvin Gaye and Boyz II Men. After matriculating, he decided to start recording demos.
Holiday released his debut album entitled “Back of My Lac” in 2007, which entered at #5 on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling105,000 copies in its first week, and raising Holiday’s popularity and net worth significantly. It became #1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and even reached the charts in Canada and the UK. The promotional single for the album, entitled “Be With Me”, reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Then his song “Bed” became a big hit and prompted J to go on various shows and perform it, including appearing on “Showtime at the Apollo”.. “Back of My Lac” would eventually certify gold, selling over 700,000 copies worldwide. Two years later, he would release his second studio album entitled “Round 2”; it didn’t acheive the same success as Holiday’s debut album, but still sold 55,000 units in its first week. It also debuted in fourth spot on the Billboard 200 chart. The first single that was released for the album was entitled “It’s Yours”, and it was also well received. The second single’s release was cancelled due to issues with the label.
In 2010, J left Capitol Records and went to Island Def Jam. A year later, he released a mixtape entitled “M.I.A: The Lost Pages” which was meant to promote his next album. In 2012, he released the song “Sign My Name”, and then toured to promote the song and album. Eventually, after some delay, he revealed that his third album would be entitled “Guilty Conscience”, and the album was released on January 2014.
Aside from music, Holiday also became part of the film “School of HardKnocks”, which stars Cisco Reyes, Elise Neal, and Erica Hubbard.
For his personal life, not much is known about it and it may be due to the fact that it is still relatively early in his career. Holiday has mentioned that he prefers staying in line to who he is in terms of his music, as most modern day artists seem to go far from who they really are, just to make hits.
- Full Name: J. Holiday
- Net Worth: $5 Million
- Salary: 947,276 USD
- Date Of Birth: November 29, 1984
- Place Of Birth: Washington, D.C., United States
- Height: 1.93 m
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, rapper, actor
- Nationality: American
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jholiday
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kingjholiday?lang=en
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kingjholiday/
- MySpace: https://myspace.com/jholiday
- IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm3150726
- Awards: Grammy Award For Best Contemporary R&B Album (2009)
- Record Labels: Capitol Records, Island Def Jam, Holiday Music Group
- Albums: “Back of My Lac'”(2007), ” Round 2″ (2009), “Guilty Conscience” (2014), “Be With Me”, mixtape – “M.I.A: The Lost Pages” (2011)
- Nominations: BET Award for Best Male R&B/Pop Artist, Grammy Award for Best Contemporary R&B Album, American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist, NAACP Image Award for Outstanding New Artist, Bed, Suffocate, Be With Me
|School of Hard Knocks
|The Arsenio Hall Show
||Himself – Musical Guest