Kari Byron Net Worth
Read more about Kari Byron Biography
In 1998, Kari Byron graduated with a BA degree in film and sculpture from San Francisco State University. She was good at sculpting, and even showed her works in popular gallery exhibitions, which helped Kari to accumulate some part of her current net worth. After graduation, Kari Byron was a participant in art projects around the world, including Asia.
Kari Byron is a colleague of Jamie Hyneman with whom she was at first working at M5 Industries, a company dealing with the production of special effects props for various films. This experience also benefitted Kari Byron’s net worth. However, “Myth Busters“ was her dream. Thus, she was doing her best to become a member of the “MythBusters“ team, and later on, together with two other colleagues from M5 Industries, Kari was invited to form a second team for “Myth Busters“, named “Build Team“. Kari Byron’s involvement in “Myth Busters” began in 2003, in total so far airing for 12 seasons and 249 episodes, and is one of the longest-running shows on the Discovery Channel, preceded only by “How It`s Made” and “Daily Planet”. “Myth Busters” was co-hosted by Kari until her departure in 2015, a position which enlarged the overall amount of Kari Byron’s net worth. What the cast do in “Myth Busters” is to check how relevant and credible the various myths are. All the cast members also have their own parts in this show which they host.
Kari Byron’s net worth increased considerably from 2010, when she started hosting her own show – “Head Rush” – focusing on science education and teens, and broadcast on the Science Channel.
Kari Byron also appeared on the Science Channel in 2010 and 2011 as a host of “Large, Dangerous Rocket Ships”. Along with her colleague from “MythBusters” and “Build Team”, Tory Belleci, Kari performed in one of the episodes of “Sons of Guns” in 2012. These activities have helped Kari Byron to increase her net worth, too.
Although Kari stopped exhibiting her sculpture works some time ago, sculpting is still one of her favourite hobbies. Kari states that she could not abandon sculpting and keeps doing something almost every day. She sculpts in a variety of materials, including wood, polymer clay and acrylic gouache. This TV star also loves painting, but Kari herself says that knowledge in sculpting and in art in general helps her a lot while working on science projects on television. Although, as mentioned before, Byron is no longer a participant of gallery exhibitions, her works are available to see on her personal website.
In her personal life, for the record, Byron has been an atheist from an early age. In 2006 she married the artist Paul Urich, and the family welcomed a daughter, Stella Rubby, in 2009.
- Full Name: Kari Byron
- Net Worth: $3 Million
- Date Of Birth: December 18, 1974
- Place Of Birth: California, United States
- Height: 5 ft 7 in (1.72 m)
- Weight: 125 lbs
- Profession: Artist, Visual Artist, tv show host
- Education: San Francisco State University (1998), Los Gatos High School
- Nationality: American
- Spouse: Paul Urich (m. 2006)
- Children: Stella Ruby
- Parents: Dennis Byron, Sue Byron
- Nicknames: Kari Elizabeth Byron , Red , Scary Byron
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/therealkaribyron
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/karibyron
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/therealkaribyron/
- IMDB: http://imdb.com/name/nm1671108
- Nominations: ASTRA Awards for Favourite International Personality or Actor
- Movies: “Sons of Guns” (2012), “White Rabbit Project” (2016)
- TV Shows: “How It`s Made”, “Daily Planet”, “MythBusters” (2003), “Pumpkin Chunkin”, “Large, Dangerous Rocket Ships” (2010, 2011), “Thrill Factor” (2015)
- [at conclusion of Mythbusters “Do pretty girls fart?” experiment]: Can I take the microphone out of my butt now?
- I have grown quite fond of firearms. I have always been an anti-gun liberal, but the rush you get from an M134D Gatling gun with 30 caliber bullets firing at 3,000 rounds per minute is unbelievable. (Source: Geek Monthly, January 2008, p. 35)
- A visit with a Balinese girl and her family “left me with an uneasiness I couldn’t cure. I felt guilty and sad – Komang’s family lived in a two-room shack with no doors – because I have a full stomach in every sense. Lesson learned. Life appreciated in a new way.”
- Remarking on the topless Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia: “This must be where the beautiful people go.”
- Lives and works in San Francisco, California. [April 2005]
- Gave birth to a baby girl, Stella Ruby, on June 28, 2009.
- Announced that she is expecting her first child. [February 26, 2009].
- Once helped resuscitate a dying duck during a myth on Mythbusters which went wrong.
- Was once a face-painting clown.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Younger sister, Summer Byron, graduated from Los Gatos High School in 1996, then earned a communications degree from Sonoma State University.
- Beginning early in November, 1998, after college graduation, she took a year-long trip around the world with friend Dawn Gilbert. First visiting the Cook Islands, she then went to Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Malaysia, Thailand, Tokyo, Nepal and India by March 1999. At that point, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, and then Europe remained on her plans.
- Parents are Dennis and Sue Byron.
- Graduated from Los Gatos (California) High School and San Francisco State University.
- After graduation, she had a career as an artist, working in sculpture and painting and holding exhibitions at some of San Francisco’s leading galleries.
- She studied film and sculpture at San Francisco State University.
- Red hair
|White Rabbit Project||2016||TV Series producer – 1 episode|
|The Chibi Project||2007||TV Series special thanks – 1 episode|
|Today||2016||TV Series||Herself – Guest|
|Last Call with Carson Daly||2016||TV Series||Herself|
|White Rabbit Project||2016||TV Series||Herself – Host|
|MythBusters||2003-2016||TV Series documentary||Herself – Host / Herself – Builder / Herself / …|
|Thrill Factor||2015||TV Series documentary||Herself – Host|
|America Declassified||2014||TV Series documentary||Herself – Urban Myth Investigator|
|Punkin Chunkin 2012||2012||TV Movie||Herself|
|Punkin Chunkin||2012||TV Series||Herself – Host|
|Head Rush||2010-2012||TV Series documentary||Herself – Host|
|Comic Con 2012 Live||2012||TV Movie||Herself|
|Chris Hardwick’s All-Star Celebrity Bowling||2012||TV Series||Herself|
|Punkin Chunkin 2011||2011||TV Movie||Herself – Host|
|Large, Dangerous, Rocket Ships||2011||TV Movie||Herself|
|Conan||2011||TV Series||Herself – Guest|
|Large, Dangerous, Rocket Ships||2010||TV Movie||Herself – Host|
|The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||2010||TV Series||Herself|
|Beyond Tomorrow||2005-2006||TV Series documentary||Herself|
|Late Show with David Letterman||2006||TV Series||Herself|
|MythBusters||2004-2012||TV Series documentary||Herself – Host / Herself – Builder|