Read more about Lauren Riihimaki Biography
Lauren, born in Canada, she is of Finnish, Japanese and Ukrainian ancestry, the only child of Greg Riihimaki and his wife Gail. She was quite involved in sports during her growing-up and continued to play various sports while in high school. Though there isn’t exact information which high school Lauren attended, she received an award for proficiency in French through a school program. She enrolled in college after high school matriculation, and it was then that she opened her YouTube channel LaurDIY. Her first video was uploaded in March 2012, entitled “How To: Underside Braid to Bun”, and after gaining views and subscribers, decided to continue posting tips on fashion and beauty. Her videos cover outfit of the day, how to alter clothes, and other clothing fashion topics. She quickly rose to fame, and her channel now has more than 6.8 million subscribers, and her videos have been viewed more than 655 million times, which has increased her net worth to a large degree. Encouraged by the immediate success of her career on YouTube, Lauren started another channel – LauDiy2 – on which she uploads comedy videos, sketches, and also daily vlogs. So far, she has more than 500,000 subscribers on her second channel, while her videos have been viewed more than 13.5 million times. This has also increased her wealth.
To speak further of her accomplishments, Lauren has been sponsored by Etsy, Starbucks and P&G among other successful brands, which has also contributed to her net worth. She has also been featured in Seventeen magazine several times, while she also appeared in the “Today Show”, and in several MTV shows.
In recent years, she launched an acting career; she is The Engineer in the TV series “Escape the Night”, while she portrayed Lisa in the horror-comedy film “Tyler Perry’s Boo2! A Madea Halloween”, both in 2017, further increasing her wealth.
Regarding her personal life, she has been in a relationship with Alex Wassabi since 2015, who is also a popular YouTube personality.
- Net Worth: $400,000
- Date Of Birth: August 11, 1993
- Place Of Birth: Toronto, Canada
- Profession: YouTube personality, Blogger, Vlogger, Actress, Author, Producer
- Nationality: Canadian
- Partner: Alex Wassabi
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/laurdiyismyqueen/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurenisbaelife?lang=en
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laurdiy/
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8426264/
- Awards: Canadian Screen Award – Social Innovator Award
- Record Labels: YouTube channel LaurDIY, LauDiy2
- Nominations: The Streamy Awards – Best Collaboration (2017), Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Sports Awards (2017)
- Movies: Tyler Perry’s Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (2017), Tyler Perry’s Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (2017), Escape the Night (2016), This Is How We Never Made Out (2016), Seven Bucks Digital Studios (2016)
- TV Shows: Today Show, MTV shows, Teens Wanna Know (2017, TV Series), Me and My Grandma (2017, TV Series), YouTubers React (2016), LAURDIY TATTOOS (TV Series, 2016), How To: Underside Braid to Bun (2012, video)