Hip-Hop and Rap was born in the streets in the late 1970’s. In the following decade it emerged as the primary form of music for the black community to outrage their anger towards law enforcement brutality directed at them. Gangsta-rap and commercial rap rose from the ghetto to the mainstream media and is now one of the most popular music genres around. Gorilla Zoe is a Rapper from unknown. A very talented writer and vocalist Gorilla Zoe started his journey in the rap game since the 1’st birthday on unknown. The rapper comes from American and has unknown offsprings. Some nicknames that have been applied to Gorilla Zoe are Alonzo Mathis. Many records sold and tons of tours and concerts later Gorilla Zoe is estimated to have a net worth of $500,000.
Read more about Gorilla Zoe Biography
Gorilla started becoming known when he replaced Young Jeezy to be a part of Boyz n da Hood – the group is well known for their music called southern gangsta rap, and they collaborated with several artists from the same label. Zoe is seen in collaborations such as “Coffee Shop” and “Bottle Poppin” which were able to reach the Billboard charts. Eventually, he was signed as a solo artist for Bad Boy South and Block Entertainment, so his net worth was slowly improving.
The following year, he released his first single “Hood Figga”, which reached the 38th spot of the Billboard 100. The song led to his first solo album entitled “Welcome to the Zoo”, released in Ocotber 2007 and which peaked at the 18th spot of the Billboard 200, and reached the third spot of the Top Rap Albums. His popularity led to him being chosen for the XXL Freshmen cover in which he collaborated with Crooked I, Rich Boy, and Saigon. In 2008, he released the single “Lost” which promoted his second album “Don’t Feed da Animals” – the album sold 29,000 copies during its first week and reached eighth spot of the Billboard 200. He then released two more videos of the songs which are “What It Is” and “Echo”, adding to his wealth.
Since 2010, Gorilla has been working on mixtapes, releasing several through the website DatPiff.com. He has also released an EP entitled “I Am Atlanta 3” via iTunes. The following year, he released his third album “King Kong” but it wasn’t as successful as his first two albums, with it only reaching 56th spot of the Billboard 200 – the most successful song from the album is “What’s Goin’ On”. Zoe would take a two year break from music, then in 2014 released the mixtape “Recovery”. He also revealed that he’s signed to Flo Rida’s International Music Group.
Not much is known about Gorilla’s personal life; what is known is that he grew up in a neighborhood that had a lot of influences in rap music. He started seriously pursuing a music career at the age of 18 and worked various jobs before finding his first big opportunity. He also cites Dr Dre, South Circle, and Outkast as inspirations. One of his first attempts at rapping was at the age of 11, when he plugged a mic to a stereo and started rapping along with several songs.
- Full Name: Gorilla Zoe
- Net Worth: $500,000
- Date Of Birth: January 26, 1983
- Place Of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Profession: Rapper
- Nationality: American
- Nicknames: Alonzo Mathis
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Gorilla-Zoe-12844893390
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gorillazoe
- MySpace: https://myspace.com/gorillazoe96
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4416097/
- Allmusic: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/gorilla-zoe-mn0000733096
- Record Labels: Block Entertainment, Atlantic Records, Bad Boy South, Bad Boy Records, Konvict Muzik, Violator
- Albums: Don’t Feed da Animals (2009), Welcome to the Zoo (2007), King Kong (2011), I Am Atlanta 3 (2010), The Mighty Zoe Young (2010), The Greatest Zoe on Earth (2010), Gorilla Zoe World (2010)
- Music Groups: Boyz n da Hood (Since 2010)
- Movies: Young Jeezy: Who Dat (2008), BET Hip-Hop Awards (2007), Birds of a Feather (2012)
- TV Shows: 2015 NBA All Star All Style (2015), The Mo’Nique Show (2011), The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2017)
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
||TV Series writer – 1 episode
|Birds of a Feather
||performer: “Toot That Booty”, “Bit On”
|2015 NBA All Star All Style
||Himself – Performer
|The Mo’Nique Show
|Young Jeezy: Who Dat
|BET Hip-Hop Awards